These are some of the tips which can help you to make the world little bit more greener.
- Change to Fluorescent Bulbs – If every house in the United States changed all of the light bulbs in their house, that would be equivalent to taking one million cars off the streets.
- Hang Outside to Dry – Get a cloths line or rack to dry your cloths. Your cloths will last longer and you will save money
- Use Both Sides of Paper – if you have a printer with a double sided print option use it. You will save half of the amount of paper you would have normally used.
- Get rid of baths – Do not take baths, take showers. You will in average save about half the amount of water that you would if you were taking a bath.
- Do not get bottled water – Instead of bottled water get a reusable container to carry water. Also you can get a filter to make your home tap taste more like bottled water. It is definitely more cost efficient.
- Shorten your shower – Every minute you cut from your shower is roughly 5 gallons of water. The less time your shower takes, the lower your impact on the environment.
- Recycle Glass – If you do not recycle this, it will take a million years to decompose.
- Turn Down your Thermostat – Every degree lower in the winter or higher in the summer you put it is a 10 percent decrease on your energy bill.
- Turn off your lights – An easy one. Turn off your lights when you are not using them. The benefits are obvious.
- Do not get a paper phone book – Instead of getting a paper phone book. Use a online directory instead.
- Give things away – Take things that you are not going to wear or use and give it to a charity or someone who will use it.
- Go to a car wash – Going to a car wash is a lot more water efficient then washing your car at home.
- Buy Rechargeable Batteries – Even though it will take a good investment to buy these you will find yourself gaining it back in no time.
- Pay your Bills Online – If every house in the US did this then we would save 18 million trees every year.
- Get a reusable bag – You can not recycle plastic bags, instead get yourself a reusable bag so that you will not have to worry about carrying your necessities.
- Inflate your Tires – If your tires are inflated at all times your car will run more miles on less gas.
- Plant a Tree – It is good for the air, can keep you cool, and can increase your property value.
- Walk or Ride Your Bike When you can – If you have to go somewhere close consider riding your bike or walking there instead of your car. It is better on the environment and healthier.
This gadget randomly displays Green Living Tips. It is a great addition to your site.
- Available languages;
- Arabic (translation by Ali)
- Azerbaijani (translation by Bohdan Zograf)
- Belorussian (translation by Fatcow)
- Dutch (translation by Fravaco)
- English (translation by Onur)
- Finnish (translation by Hannu)
- French (translation by Eduens)
- German (translation by Roman)
- Italian (translation by Florin)
- Lithuanian (translation by Nata Strazda)
- Norwegian (translation by Torgils Vestad)
- Russian (translation by Kostjushko)
- Serbian (translation by Natasa)
- Spanish (translation by César Chaves Agüero)
- Swedish (translation by Pia)
- Ukrainian (translation by Galina Miklosic)
If you want to translate it into your language, there is a text file in the extension folder called “green-text-to-translate”, please translate that text and send it to me via firstname.lastname@example.org. I will include it in the next versions.
Special thanks to Pingping Zhang for the images.
Add Green Living Tips to your site
For WordPress and Joomla sites.
- For WordPress, it can be downloaded from http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/go-green-tips
- For Joomla, download the module here.
For regular sites use one of the codes below.